WordPress 2.6 is available, you can now track changes to every post and page and easily post from wherever you are on the web, plus there are dozens of incremental improvements to the features introduced in version 2.5
WordPress 2.6 overview:
- Theme Previews: See it before your audience does
- Post Revisions: Wiki-like tracking of edits
- Press This!: Post from wherever you are on the web
- Shift Gears: Turbo-speed your blogging
Here are some of the smaller features and improvements in 2.6:
- Image captions, you can add captions under your images.
- Bulk management of plugins.
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. It’s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG.
- Drag-and-drop reordering of Galleries.
- Plugin update notification bubble.
- Customizable default avatars.
- Full SSL support in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security.
- A number of proactive security enhancements, including cookies and database interactions.
- Version 2.6 fixes approximately 194 bugs.
- … and more
2.6 is pretty much identical to 2.5 from a plugin and theme compatibility point of view, so upgrades from 2.5 should be pretty painless.